At the beginning of the month a multi-vehicle accident occurred in Lassen County when a drunk driver hit an oncoming truck in a head-on collision. The drunk driver was in an SUV when he failed to see that a pickup truck was driving in the lane next to him going the opposite direction. The 55-year old drunk driver of the SUV swerved into the wrong lane and hit the truck head-on. The truck was being driven by a 93-year old woman.
Unable to gain control of the truck after being hit, the woman driving the truck spun across several lanes of traffic and hit an oncoming van. The van was being driven by a 74-year old Ravendale resident. Apparently the truck was carrying a 55-gallon drum of scrap metal which flew out of the truck bed and landed onto yet another vehicle being driven by a man from Susanville. The truck being with the 93-year old woman finally came to a stop when it got stuck in a large pile of rocks. Because of the angle at which the truck hit the van, the 77-year old woman driving the van was actually trapped inside for a time until police and rescuers could extract her from the vehicle.
Thankfully no one was killed in this horrific accident, but three of those who were involved were injured. This accident involving four different vehicles was caused by a single drunk driver who was unable to stay in his own lane on the road. His vision, judgment, and directional perception were all impaired due to the presence of alcohol in his system. He has now been arrested for felony driving under the influence of alcohol. He is currently being held in the Lassen County Jail.
It is thanks to the anti-drunk driving laws and sanctions put in place by the state of California that the number of drunk driving accidents has decreased each year over the last decade. In fact, the number of drunk driving accidents has decreased all over the country as many states have adopted the drunk driving laws which California has utilized for ten or more years. An example of one of these laws is that new drivers and drivers that are renewing their licenses are required to sign a written, an anti-drunk driving acknowledgment at the DMV. The acknowledgment states that if they cause a fatal automobile accident because of driving under the influence, they can and will be held accountable in a court of law for the deaths that occur. Several other states have also adopted or are in the process of adopting this written acknowledgment as well.
If you have been injured or if a loved one has been killed in a drunk driving accident in the state of California, call a personal injury attorney to discuss your rights and the rights of your deceased relative. California personal injury attorneys handle injury and wrongful death claims resultant of drunk driving accidents on regular basis and can help you receive the compensation you deserve for your loss.
Learn more info about Los Angeles personal injury lawyers here.
Article by Dataflurry Law Firm Marketing
After a motorcycle or car accident that wasn't your fault, you could be forgiven for thinking that going through your insurance company would give you the best possible outcome. At OneCallSortsAll (www.onecallsortsall.co.uk) we disagree, our solicitors and staff pride themselves on getting you a better deal after your car or motorcycle accident. Here are just three of the many reasons why you should avoid car insurance company nightmares and go with OneCallSortsAll complete accident management.
- Car Recovery After the Accident Need your car recovered? Well with a call to us, we will dispatch a recovery vehicle the same day to recover your vehicle. After an accident, securing your damaged vehicle can be a nightmare; you might be away from home, or you or another passenger might have been injured and need to go to hospital. We have arrangements with recovery companies across England and Wales, so we can offer you fast vehicle recovery.
- Claim Costs for Car Repairs Need repairs done to your vehicle after an accident? Going through your insurance company might seem like the best choice, until you have to fork out for your excess. Avoid the nightmare of having to pay extra to repair your car with OneCallSortsAll. Our solicitors can claim back the cost of any vehicle repairs so you won't be left out of pocket.
- Like for Like Courtesy Car Ok, so your car is out of action after your accident, looks like you will have put up with a worn out, underpowered old courtesy car whilst your own vehicle is being repaired - an absolute nightmare.
Call the team at OneCallSortsAll and we'll get you sorted with a like for like replacement hire vehicle for you to use whilst your own motor is off the road. We think you'll agree that this is a great deal, all the repairs to your car taken care of, and compensation for any injuries you might have suffered in your accident, and as if that wasn't good enough, you won't have to pay us a penny. So if you're unfortunate enough to have an accident on the road, One Call really will Sort All. Log on now to www.onecallsortsall.co.uk to see what we can offer to you, or call 0800 056 0975 to start your compensation claim today.
"The following article was written for Resources For Attorneys.com by David Hallstrom, a private investigator, he is not now nor has he ever been an attorney.
You have been in a accident, automobile, slip and fall, workplace, etc.. Should you see or speak with an attorney?
As far as I am concerned, the answer is always yes.
When should you consult with an accident attorney? You should seek the advise of an accident attorney as soon as possible after the accident. Do not wait. You could be giving up certain rights. You should definitely speak with an attorney before speaking with the other sides insurance agent, adjuster or attorney.
You say that you can not afford an attorney. Most accident attorneys will consult with you for free and, if they take your case, will handle it on a contingency basis, not taking any fee until the case is settled. Most settlements are increased to cover the cost of the attorney and therefore normally the attorney costs you nothing. Many attorneys will also advance all court costs for you if they are forced to file suit.
You say that you were injured, however, the insurance company has offered to pay your medical bills and you do not feel it is right to take advantage of them by asking for additional money for your, pain, suffering, lost work, etc.. Don't you feel that you as a person are worth something? Do you think so little of yourself that you feel that your pain, suffering, incontinence, etc. is worthless. You did not cause this accident. What you are going through was caused by someone else. You deserve to be compensated. The insurance company, as a matter of good business, has already built these types of costs into the premiums that they charge their customers. If the money does not go to you it will probably go to their shareholders or to increased salaries or ?. Why shouldn't you be properly compensated. Remember most good attorneys are ethical and although they will attempt to obtain as much money for you as is due, they will not take your case unless they feel that it is proper.
You say someone else admitted liability and said that their insurance will pay all your damages. That's great, however, what if the person changes his or her story later on and says that you were at fault. Or what if the other side's insurance company refuses to pay what you think is proper. In fact, how do you know what is proper? Remember, an insurance company may pay claims, but it is in business to make money. It normally will not offer one dollar more than it has to and if you are not represented by an attorney the insurance company adjuster or attorney may feel that he or she can ""get away"" with paying much less than the claim may be worth. Additionally, what people state at the time of an accident is not always what they state after having spoken with a friend, insurance agent or attorney. Finally, an insurance adjuster or insurance attorney works for the insurance company, not for you. How do you know that what they are telling you is correct or true. Remember, in most instances, they are there to try and save the company money. You need an attorney on your side to tell you what your rights and obligations are.
You say that you were not hurt that bad or at all. How do you know how badly you were hurt. Some injuries do not show up for months. Other injuries may aggravate a prior problem. Even if you have been found to be ""ok"" by a doctor, how do you know that a problem will not come up later. If you have insurance and did go to a doctor, who is going to pay your co-pay or deductible. If you do not have health insurance, who is going to pay for your examination which should include x-rays, etc.. If you retain an attorney he or she can probably refer you to a doctor who will accept a lien against the insurance settlement, thereby saving you from paying money out of your pocket.
You say you have accident insurance, why not let them handle everything for you. Your insurance company is there to defend any claims against you not to represent you in any claims against other parties. Additionally, they also are in business to make money. How do you know if they are trying to settle a case to help you or to save themselves money.
The foregoing article was written by the author based on experiences he has had as a private investigator representing both accident attorneys and insurance companies. This article is not stated as a legal opinion or as fact but instead is stated as opinion of the author.
Permission is given to reprint this article providing credit is given to the author, David G. Hallstrom, and a link is listed to Resources For Attorneys the owner of this article. Anyone or any company reprinting this article without giving proper credit and the correct link, is doing so without permission and will be subject to legal action.
For a nationwide directory of attorneys see usattorneysdirectory.us Or for more articles about attorneys or other legal matters see Legal Articles about resources for attorneysresources for attorneys homesubmit an articlereport bad linkscontact us
©Copyright 2004 Resources For Attorneys. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
About the Author
David Hallstrom has been a licensed private investigator for over thirty years. The majority, over 2000, of his clients are attorneys. He is also the President of Resources For Attorneys.com, a legal and lifestyle resource directory for attorneys, lawyers and the internet public."
Latest Lawyer Listings
- Hasbrook & HasbrookCategory: Personal InjuryDescription: The attorneys at Hasbrook & Hasbrook serve Oklahomans injured or wronged by the actions of others. As Oklahoma personal injury attorneys, we choose to represent people instead of corporations and insurance companies.Country: United States
- Law Offices of Jason C. Matalas, P.C.Category: AttorneysDescription: "When Your Future Depends on it – You Need the Best. Expert Divorce and Family law representation dedicated to protecting your family, your assets and your future. Let’s get started. Call Us Now: (978) 304-2888" Country: United States
- Atlanta Law ResolutionCategory: Tax LawDescription: People pay millions of dollars every year to " tax resolution" companies with little or no results. The are sucked in my constant stream of radio and TV ads and the high cost of many "Tax attorney". After helping people with debt problems for 30 years ...Country: United States
- RIGHT LawyersCategory: AttorneysDescription: Right Lawyers was started in 2004 by divorce attorney Stacy Rocheleau. She started the firm in an executive suite. Just Stacy, an office the size of a broom closet, a computer, and a few law books. 12 years later the firm has grown by adding four attorney ...Country: United States
- Schneider HammersCategory: Personal InjuryDescription: Schneider Hammers is an Atlanta personal injury law firm with over 40 years of collective experience. Clients do not pay unless the firm wins their case. Call today for a free injury review! 770-884-4626. Our practice is focused exclusively on helping ...Country: United States
- Show more...
Post is under moderationStream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.