Big trucks cause big injuries. These large monsters go by a variety of names: Truck wreck in Dallas. Due to the disproportionate size and weight of a commercial truck and a passenger vehicle, the smaller car is typically crushed or mangled during the impact. If you or a family member has been in a truck accident, you know how frightening and devastating these crashes can be.
Do I Really Need a Truck Wreck Lawyers?
- There are many attorneys who handle personal injury claims and most of those would be qualified to handle a truck accident case.
- Selecting attorneys who have developed a reputation in handling commercial vehicle crashes can be a valuable benefit in not having to reinvent the wheel so to speak.
- Attorneys who handle truck accident cases in Dallas on a routine basis are better positioned to know the defense attorneys who defend these types of claims and also the expert witnesses frequently necessary to prosecute a case.
- This process can be very lengthy in some cases can take even years.
- It is important that you are comfortable with the attorneys you choose at the outset and that you have every confidence in their ability to handle your case.
- Selecting attorneys in Dallas who has dedicated similar cases to conclusion can give an accident victim some level of comfort.
Truck Accident Statistics in Dallas:
- The year 2015-
Number of crashes: 26,846 Number of serious injuries: 3,917 Number of other injury crashes: 6,331
Number of fatal crashes: 131 Number of fatalities: 146
- In 2014, there were 417 tractor-trailer accidents in Texas.
- In 2014, there were 3,180 crashes involving commercial motor vehicles in Dallas, leading to 26 fatalities and 98 incapacitating injuries.
- In 2013, 11 percent of all fatalities in motor vehicle accidents involved large trucks.
In 2013, 97 percent of fatalities in crashes involving both a large truck and a passenger car were occupants of the passenger vehicle
- Trucking revenues totaled $610 billion last year and revenues are forecasted to nearly double by 2015. The majority of fatal truck accidents occur in rural areas (68 percent) during the daytime (66 percent) and on weekdays (78 percent).
- About 700 heavy truck drivers and passengers in truck cabs die each year. In addition, almost 3,700 persons in cars and other passenger vehicles die annually in collisions with heavy trucks.
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reports that in crashes involving large trucks and other vehicles, 98% of the fatalities occur to the people in passenger vehicles.
Guidelines Before You Select Truck Wreck Lawyers in Dallas:
- How Dallas Lawyers Communicate With The Client?
You should know the Communication policy of the lawyers is Ask whether the Lawyer prefers to communicate through emails, telephone calls or online. Knowing the communication policy can be crucial in how quickly your accident case moves forward.
- How Much Of Court Room Experience They Have?
It is very important to ask how much courtroom experience they've had. Getting the most compensation requires courageous and hard working lawyers. Lawyers should have knowledge of truck wreck cases in Dallas.
- Know The Review of Past Clients About The Lawyers?
The third question to ask is what past clients have to say about the lawyers you have selected in Dallas. Ask the vehicle accident law attorneys you have considered, providing you with client details. You can also check online review sites.
- Do They Have The Price Guarantee?
Ask whether or not the firm offers any price guarantees. Attorneys in Dallas have different ways and means of charging the price. Make it clear to understand the pricing structure so that you can plan your finances.
- How Many Experiences Do They Have With The Cases Like Yours?
The next question to ask is what experience the law office has with the case like yours. Inquire about what knowledge the lawyer has with your specific type of case and what their record of success is in that area. Choose accident lawyers in Fort Worth, Texas, that understands your truck wreck situation well.
Role Of Truck Accident Lawyers In Dallas:
Gather Evidence- they conduct a comprehensive investigation in order to gather all the evidence they can surrounding your claim. This includes police reports, witness statements, pictures, videos, and more. Once the client is medically stabilized, they can continue their investigation by collecting medical records, health reports, employment records, and more. This evidence will help build a case by verifying the details of the accident, documenting the progression of the damages, and establishing fault.
Insurance Negotiations - Next, they will solicit an offer from the insurance company and continue negotiating with them until a full and fair offer is made. If the insurance company will not budge, then the more drastic course of action is necessary.
Trial - If the insurance company will not agree to a fair offer, the accident attorney will file a lawsuit and take the case to court or demand arbitration, or possibly even both. Upon receiving all responses from all defending parties, the discovery proceedings can take place, which involves witness testimonies, expert testimonies, depositions, and more.
At Ted B. Lyon & Associates, the truck wreck lawyer Dallas brings four decades of experience in complex personal injury and wrongful death claims. Dallas Truck accident lawyer has helped people hurt in car and truck accidents, injured by defective products, hurt by medical malpractice or injured while on another's property.